Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 22 - 3 full weeks

It's just after 9pm, and 3 weeks ago I was in the "R" room looking at the boys laying there motionless.  "R" stand for resuscitation.  I read the Doctor's report from the first night and one thing stuck out - "their long term prognosis is closely guarded".  These boys have come such a long way.  I'm so proud of them.


Today Bennett got his PICC line out which means that they are both eating all fortified milk without any IV fluids.  Andrew pulled his feeding tube out 2 times today and Bennett took his CPAP off.  They are starting to show signs that they are Wilson-Massings; very strong-willed.


Charlotte went to school today and it was Mason and Orion's first day.  It'll be great to have her best friends in class, and we're thrilled that the Adelmans offered to be her shuttle bus in Juli's sweet new ride.


they got measured today too

 Andrew in the morning - thanks Adrian!

Bennett 

grandma changing Bennett

3 comments:

  1. I love those little tough guys!!! You guys are all doing awesome. I just love to hear how they make progress every day. Go Wilsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dudes are amazing. Keep up the good work Wilsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing this blog! I'm so happy they are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete